Monday, May 21
- Porridge with 25g sultanas, 10g dark chocolate and 10g desecated coconut – 599 cal, 14.1g protein (oats: 413 cal, 12g; chocolate: 52 cal, 0.9g; sultanas: 73 cal, 0.7g; coconut: 61 cal, 0.5g)
- 200ml orange juice – 94 cal, 1g protein
- Pieces of flapjack – 585 cal, 4.7g protein
- 2x wholemeal pittas with 42g cheese, baked beans and 85g cherry tomatoes – 809 cal, 41.9g protein (pittas: 308 cal, 11.7g; cheese: 145 cal, 10.4g; beans: 336 cal, 18.8g; tomatoes: 20 cal, 1g)
- …gym session…
- Caribbean lamb pattie – 456 cal, 10.5g protein
- 2x large hard boiled eggs – 196 cal, 15.8g protein
- 2x cans lager – 400 cal (roughly 200 per can)
- 48g of toasted corn – 180 cal, 4g protein
- …plus other drinks (coffee, tea, water)
Total = 3,319 calories and 92g protein estimate plus other drinks
Today’s gym session…
- pull-ups, dips, push-ups
- dumbell curls (14kg)
- chin-ups (3x 6)
Some points from the articles…
- I need to make sure I’m upping the protein every day, not just on workout days. Nearer to 150g per day.
- More gym sessions. Maybe I need 2 days rest for the pull-ups but I can do a lower body workout/cardio in the middle.
- Other than that I seem to be doing ok, in particular: compound body-weight exercises and lots of reps.